Director of Cybersecurity and Information Governance
Robert has over 25 years of management consulting experience with a focus on providing strategy, operations, and technology infrastructure services in the areas of compliance, information governance, and security. Prior to joining iDS, Robert spent twelve years with Deloitte Consulting, ten years with Duff & Phelps and 4 years with his own firm, creating consulting practices that centered on serving legal-oriented organizations, including law firms and both corporate and government legal and compliance departments.
As an instructor for the SANS Institute, Robert has taught more than 1,000 students both deeply technical and managerial courses covering cybersecurity and information management. Robert has also worked with several organizations to design and implement controls to facilitate achieving either certifications such as ISO 27001 or to document compliance with SOX 404 controls and System & Organization Controls (SOC).
Robert leads iDS’ efforts to provide management consulting projects for corporations and law firms. He has managed hundreds of client engagements, including long term, large-scale projects for clients with teams ranging from two people to more than 100.
Robert is a frequent speaker on cybersecurity and has written a number of articles on cybersecurity issues specifically dealing with topics within the legal space.
- MBA in Finance with a concentration in Strategic Management, Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania (1992)
- BS in Finance, University of Minnesota Carlson School (1986)
- GSLC – GIAC Security Leadership Certification
- GSEC – GIAC Security Essentials Certification
- U.S. Department of Defense Directive 8140 – Information Assurance, Level II certification for technical data security
- U.S. Department of Defense Directive 8140 – Information Assurance, Level III certification for information management