Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Mr. Regard is an electronic discovery and computer science consultant with 25 years’ experience in consulting to legal and corporate entities. A programmer and an attorney by training, Mr. Regard has conducted system investigations, created data collections, and managed discovery on over a thousand matters. He is responsible for the development and implementation of case and matter strategies that leverage technology in litigation and investigations. Mr. Regard has both national and international experience advising on such issues as electronic discovery, computer forensics, structured data, and information management. He is a frequent speaker, teacher, and publisher on issues of electronic discovery.
Prior to founding iDiscovery Solutions, Inc. in 2008, Mr. Regard was the national director of e-Discovery for LECG. He was also the national director of Electronic Evidence & Consulting for FTI Consulting and was an electronic discovery and data analytics team leader in Analytical Dispute Services at Deloitte & Touche, where he managed multi-national, multi-jurisdictional, and multi-counsel litigation support projects. He began his career as the founder of a nationwide litigation-technology company.
Mr. Regard is a member of the Sedona Conference WG1: Electronic Document Retention and Production, and WG6: International Electronic Information Management, Discovery and Disclosure. He is a board member of Georgetown Advanced Institute for e-Discovery, one of the original four founders of the E-Discovery Institute (EDI), and a founding member of the Masters Cabinet. Mr. Regard is the founder of b-Discovery, a monthly e-Discovery networking group that meets throughout the United States.
- Certificate in European Legal Practice, Tulane University
- JD, Tulane University
- MBA, Tulane University
- BS in Computer Science, University of Southwestern Louisiana
- Louisiana Bar Association
- DC Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Sedona Conference Working Group 1 on Electronic Document Retention and Production
- Sedona Conference Working Group 6 on International Electronic Information Management, Discovery and Disclosure
- Georgetown Advanced Institute for e-Discovery, Director
- Duke Law School Center for Judicial Studies
- George Washington Law School, Discovery Proportionality Steering Committee
- Electronic Discovery Institute (EDI)
- Cardozo Data Law Initiative, Director
- University of Florida, e-Discovery Conference, Steering Committee
- ABA Cross-Border Institute, Steering Committee
- The Masters Conference