A school district was accused of exposing students to inappropriate websites after an employee was reported for showing students certain websites.
The client needed expertise for the following :
- To investigate the allegations fully and completely
- To draw on experience of website filtering software and enabled features
- To determine what artifacts get left behind by using search engines
Our iDS Forensic Team analyzed a number of computers, mobile devices, and the school infrastructure/internet gateway.
The iDS Forensic and Investigative Team performed analysis and reported on the following:
- That the installed monitoring software had been functioning properly
- The internet artifacts left behind established that while certain sites had been search for/typed in, the software would not allow those sites to be visited
- The examination of a non-school owned mobile device showed that it contained visits to inappropriate websites
Our team was able to show that the alleged activity did occur, but that it occurred on a personally owned device that was not owned or controlled by the school district.
The suspect was arrested and convicted for this activity.